[Buildroot] host-autoconf fails to build, no m4

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Aug 3 12:36:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 14:26:21 +0200, Atilla Filiz wrote:
> I was trying to build some host packages, which depend on automake and
> autoconf, which in turn fail to build.

Which version of Buildroot are you using?

> /home/atilla/hek/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/m4 simply doesn't exist and

This is not possible:

HOST_AUTOCONF_DEPENDENCIES = host-m4 host-libtool

so host-autoconf depends on host-m4, so host-m4 *must* have been built
prior to host-autoconf.

> apparently the package m4 has been deprecated.

The *target* variant of m4, yes. The host variant is still there and
available.

Could you pastebin your Buildroot .config file, as well as the *entire*
build output of "make clean all" ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons