[Buildroot] Buildroot 2016.08-rc1 released

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Aug 6 19:36:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 12:22:18 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  > Are you sure? According to http://autobuild.buildroot.net/stats/, there
>  > are still 90 packages without hashes. Moreover, the hashes are
>  > currently not checked for packages not sourced from http/ftp.
>
> A quick check of package/ seemed to show that the only ones missing were
> people with custom _SITE_METHOD, but I didn't check the other dirs.

Hum, quick example: the slirp package doesn't have a custom
_SITE_METHOD, it's just using Git. And it doesn't have a hash file.
Same psplash, and many other packages.

> So for the packages where we currently can check hashes, we are now
> doing it. I might clarify the description for the final release mail.

This is not completely correct: thanks to Yann's work, the tarballs we
produce locally when fetching from Git are reproducible. So technically
speaking, all packages fetched from Git could and should now have a
hash file.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons