[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-08-05

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Sun Aug 7 11:46:06 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Hello,
>
> Here is the usual analysis of build failures. Waldemar, Alexey, Vlad,
> Gustavo, Frank, Gwenhael, Angelo, François, Romain, Bernd, can you have
> a look below? Thanks!
>
> On Sat,  6 Aug 2016 08:30:28 +0200 (CEST), Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> >         bfin |                 acpitool-0.5.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/20d72bb9e0aeb6adbce4239f848d355c7f8339e9/
>
> This is the usual Blackfin internal toolchain C++ issue. I have built
> a new Blackfin toolchain with -rc1 + the latest patches from Waldemar,
> but we know there is still a remaining problem (or at least one).
>
> Waldemar: what about simply disabling C++ support in the Blackfin
> internal toolchain support for 2016.08 ?

Give me the next week to find a solution, otherwise we should
disable it.

> >         m68k |                   cairo-1.14.6 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/dc6b899e3e502d65b2cf2f6d922a4f63857edf82/
>
> relocation truncated to fit: R_68K_GOT16O
>
> I guess the mxgot hack could be used here as well? Waldemar?

Yes. I can prepare a patch.

> >         m68k |                  gnuplot-4.6.6 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/d1e030c42f43f49575f36ecc82e9dd9018ca4f73/
>
> Again: relocation truncated to fit: R_68K_GOT16O
>
> Waldemar, we really have lots of packages that need the -mxgot flag.
> Should we enable it globally?

No, it will generate not so optimal code for all packages, I would
rather like to fix all packages which require this workaround and
might discuss, if this can be automatically used by gcc with the gcc
developers.

> >         m68k |                      php-7.0.9 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/754959831528764b5ed908b000c1e6d24a151c2c/
>
> /tmp/ccnMF6vi.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccnMF6vi.s: Fatal error: Tried to convert PC relative branch to absolute jump
>
> Waldemar ?

Depends, will php7 be available for BR2_STATIC_LIBS or not? If not I
will just ignore it for now :)

best regards
 Waldemar