[Buildroot] Unable to choose libgtk3 when using rpi-userland package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 19 20:08:37 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:43:42 +0200, Michael Toldo wrote:

> I'm trying to set up buildroot for my Raspberry Pi so I can use it as
> a lightweight kiosk device. For this I want to install Midori which
> is based on the libgtk3. When using rpi-userland (OpenGL is included
> there) I cannot select the libgtk3 package. Following info is
> displayed: *** libgtk3 needs an OpenGL or OpenGL EGL backend provided
> by mesa3d ***

There has been some discussion on the IRC channel today about this
question. libgtk3 requires either an OpenGL implementation, or an EGL
implementation that provides egl-wayland.

rpi-userland provides neither OpenGL, nor an egl-wayland
implementation, which explains why you cannot select rpi-userland.

Of course, this is our current understanding of what rpi-userland
provides, and what libgtk3 requires. If you believe this is wrong and
you're able to make things work differently, let us know.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering