[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-08-18

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Aug 20 10:27:59 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 00:22:38 +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:

> > eelf32bfin.c:1790:1: error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'CCREGS'
> >
> > Waldemar, this is a gcc bug.
>
> Seems simlar to the ffmpeg issue. Some kind of optimization is
> broken for Blackfin in gcc 6.1.x.

OK. Can you cook a patch for this one as well?

Ideally, we should fix the gcc problem, but I clearly don't have enough
knowledge about gcc internals to fix this one I believe. Though it
would be a good opportunity to learn about such internals.

> > >         m68k |                   libffi-3.2.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/1014a22cfdd3b18f349dde33f14acca4131dbd5b/
> >
> > Waldemar, no support of libffi for 5208. What's the plan for that?
>
> I have a local patch for this. I will sent it out later.

Applied, thanks.

> > >         m68k |                      php-7.0.9 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/20b1586757450d6aad8583ad7a787a7ca11acef1/
> >
> > Waldemar, this is still occuring :)
>
> I am pretty sure it will disappear, when we switched to simple FLAT
> as it just seems to be a newer error message for the same problem we
> are seeing with -msep-data.

OK. I guess you'll send a patch series about this soonish?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering