[Buildroot] rust?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Aug 20 20:31:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 14:04:46 -0400, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:
> So, is anybody following this:
>

> https://github.com/elebihan/buildroot.git
>
> ?

We don't need to follow it: Eric is a regular Buildroot contributor,
and he has already submitted the rust support in Buildroot:

  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/648613/
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/648614/

> I'm trying to use it to compile a particular version of rust and cargo
> with the buildroot internal cross compilers in order to add a uclibc
> target. There doesn't seem to be much direction on how to use the
> scripts included in order to add a particular target. In particular, I
> had to make some modifications to even make it useful to enable uclibc
> as a potential target. Does someone have an example invocation that
> can be used to derive a valid buildroot target? Because I got errors
> trying to use the python script. I think that's all that I need, is an
> example.

I'm Cc'ing Eric, hopefully he can help with those questions.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering