[Buildroot] BB-Black setup fails to boot using Buildroot Training Lab Book [December 26, 2016]

Ashish_Kumar_Mishra dgashu55 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 09:03:11 UTC 2016

Hi All ,

This in my first post here & i am not sure weather such support / problem
queries are allowed here or not.
Would request to please let me know the correct forum so that i can continue
there.

This is my first attempt to learn the Buildroot (and BB Black) .

I am following the procedure mentioned in Buildroot Training Lab Book from
free electrons dated December 26, 2016.
After following all the steps i created an SD card setup but the board
booting fails with below mentioned log:-

U-Boot SPL 2016.03 (Dec 27 2016 - 12:45:34)
Trying to boot from MMC
Card doesn't support part_switch
MMC partition switch failed
*** Warning - MMC partition switch failed, using default environment

reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2016.03 (Dec 27 2016 - 12:45:34 +0530)

       Watchdog enabled
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
Net:   Could not get PHY for cpsw: addr 0
cpsw, usb_ether
Press SPACE to abort autoboot in 1 seconds
reading uImage-dtb.am335x-boneblack
** Unable to read file uImage-dtb.am335x-boneblack **
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
=>

Could group members please provide few pointers to get the proper board
booting  .

Thanks
Ashish Kumar Mishra.