[Buildroot] [Question] Driver loading after booting

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Fri Dec 2 20:22:42 UTC 2016

Hallo Yu-Ting,

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:15:30 +0800, Yu-Ting Kao <jackzzjack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to ask a question. It's about raspberry pi board. After I built
> buildroot clean defconfig, I found that there are not drivers loading to
> board. Is this a kind of buildroot design principles?

The principle of defconfigs to be 'minimal' with only basic busybox init
system...

To load custom linux kernel modules add some script under /etc/init.d
e.g /etc/init.d/S02modules ...

Or build a more complex system: change from simple busybox init to
systemd init system, will give you /etc/modprobe.d and /etc/modules-load.d
support...

Regards,
Peter