[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-02-21

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Wed Feb 24 21:42:50 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Hello,
>
> >        sparc |                  libdrm-2.4.66 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/a17047ada385e5be5f60c07254597fcb7c4183d0/
> >        sparc |                  libdrm-2.4.66 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/6d79591bce2d3fa5b93e268fe50d5b89ecd24521/
>
> Could be fixed by http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/569818/, but this
> patch is wrong I believe now that we have proper Config.in options to
> describe atomic operation dependencies.
>
> Waldemar, could you have a look?

What about adding a nice chapter to the buildroot manual explaining
how to handle typical build problems. Subchapters like:
- PIE and static builds
- Atomic build failures

come into my mind.

Then anybody trying to fix autobuilder problems could step in.

My personal agenda for buildroot is more like this:
- fix ARM noMMU internal toolchain
- push any required elf2flt changes to new (old) upstream and update
  br url to fetch it from there
- add internal bfin toolchain support as soon as gcc 6 is out and
  integrated
- resend my coldfire/m68k patch set in a more granular way
- fix any interesting uClibc-ng compile problems
..
- analyze any interesting sparc/sparc64 autobuilder problems
  if no other is fixing it :)

best regards
 Waldemar