[Buildroot] updating the beaglebone black defconfig

Craig Swank craigswank at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 1 18:42:53 UTC 2016

Even when I load the module before the overlay the 1 wire device doesn’t
appear on the filesystem where it should.  The dtc used to compile it is
from Robert Nelson and I’ve used the compiled dtbo on a debian system
and it works, so dtc is definitely not the problem.

The kernel isn’t the problem either because Nelson was able to use the
same tag of beagleboard/linux and the same overlay I’m using.

Perhaps it has something to do with the boot environment somehow.  I’m
no expert in this, but it seems the debian based installs that work use
initramfs when they boot.  That is the major difference I can see
between the working and non working cases.