[Buildroot] [USER] buildroot install external toolchains

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 04:55:34 UTC 2016

​Hi,
I am trying to use docker to cross build buildroot. I don't want to build
the toolchain so I tried to use a pre-built toolchain as the autobuilders
do. I got a list of toolchains from
https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2015-05/msg00014.html written by Thomas
P.

So I extracted one into the filesystem and tried to use it, but something
is wrong. ​

>From bash I tried:
/br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc --version
bash: /br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: No
such file or directory

from buildroots base directory:

ls -l /br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
-rwxr-xr-x 2 br br 562548 Apr 18  2014
/br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc

make
>>> toolchain-external undefined Configuring
Cannot execute cross-compiler
'/br/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf/bin/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf-gcc'

So I conclude that just extracting the archive is not enough. What do I
need to do to use a prebuild toolchain?

Thanks, Steve