[Buildroot] SPI module on Raspberry Pi B+

David Picard davepiq at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 15 13:06:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just switched from Buildroot 2015.08.1 to 2015.11.1, and tried to keep
the same configuration. SPI was working well, before the switch.

Now, I am having some trouble with the SPI driver, namely spi_bcm2835 :
when I insert the module, there is no log in dmesg output, and nothing
is created in /sys/bus/spi/devices.

I could make it work by loading spi_bcm2708 instead, despite the
deprecated warning. In this case, I get some logging messages and
/sys/bus/spi/devices/spi0.0 and /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi0.1 appear.

Any idea ?

David.