[Buildroot] Announcing Buildroot.cmake: a CMake module that wraps the Buildroot build system

Sam Thursfield sam.thursfield at codethink.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 10:41:54 UTC 2016

Hello

I'd like to announce the release of Buildroot.cmake, available here:
<https://github.com/raumfeld/Buildroot.cmake>

This was developed thanks to Teufel, who make the Raumfeld multi-room
audio system. The firmware for Raumfeld speakers is built using
Buildroot. There are several different platforms and devices that they
need to support (a total of 15 different configurations being built from
the same Buildroot tree) so we have introduced a meta-build system to
drive all them. This toplevel meta-build system is generated by CMake,
and uses the Buildroot.cmake module to wrap Buildroot's own Makefile.

This is a rough initial release, with only minimal documentation and
examples. Questions, bug reports and patches are welcome, although I
don't yet know how much time we'll be able to devote to on-going
maintenance.

If it turns out to be widely useful then maybe we can look at supporting
it as part of the Buildroot or CMake projects. I hope it is of interest
to some readers of this list, anyway!

Thanks
Sam

--