[Buildroot] BR 2015.11 External kernel questions?

jerry at chordia.co.uk jerry at chordia.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 15:40:49 UTC 2016

This is working really well to produce embedded x86_64 images. Thanks to
all. 2 questions:

I'm building a 4.4 kernel from an external local directory and want to
clarify the dependency management. If I change the kernel configuration in
the linux-4.4 directory, do I need to do a make clean in the buildroot
directory? To date I have been so doing to avoid complications but as the
process has stabilised I'm looking to see if I can reduce build times.

Second, I need to do some experiments with Xenomai. If I'm using an external
kernel (probably something like 4.1.x) how do I manage the xenomai patch
process? I can see an option in the kernel extensions section but am not
quite sure *what* it is going to do? Pull and apply a patch? Or does it
expect the patching to have been done prior to a build?

TKY.