[Buildroot] could not read symbols: Bad value error on musl based buildroot env on rpi2 config.

Eial Czerwacki eial at scalemp.com
Mon Jan 18 09:09:58 UTC 2016

On 01/18/2016 10:59 AM, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
>  [Please don't top-post, but reply in-line like I do below.]
>
> On 18-01-16 07:23, Eial Czerwacki wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> the pastebin can be found at http://paste.ubuntu.com/14565509/
>  Hm, no reference to /usr/local/lib there...
>
>  First of all, can you confirm that this happened while building host-python? I
> don't see what else it could be, but just to be sure.
seems like:
make[1]: *** [sharedmods] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/u/eial/workspace/buildroot-9999/output/build/host-python-2.7.11'
make: ***
[/u/eial/workspace/buildroot-9999/output/build/host-python-2.7.11/.stamp_built]
Error 2

>  Then, could you try to grep in the host-python build directory for the
> occurence of /usr/local/lib? It must come from somewhere...
just did it, non found

>> what makes it a bit weirder is that on my 64 bit gentoo machine (this is
>> a 32 bit ubuntu 12.04 machine) it compiles well.
>  I don't expect it has anything to do with that, it's just that your gentoo
> machine has a python installed in /usr/local while your ubuntu machine doesn't.
well I wasn't that accurate apparently, the system I'm running on it is
a CentOS 6.5 which builds the buildroot on a fs which is nfs mounted
from a ubuntu machine.
I think this setup is so exotic that it doesn't worth while to continue
research especially when my home systems works.
it is up to you.