[Buildroot] suggestion?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jan 27 12:22:07 UTC 2016

Hello Jerry,

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 12:02:53 -0000, jerry at chordia.co.uk wrote:

> How about a buildroot-user list? Or is there a better place to go for help
> using BR as opposed to development? Thanks.

We had this discussion a few times during the past Buildroot meetings,
and our position is that in terms of Buildroot, the boundary between
"user" and "developer" is clearly not as clear-cut as for many other
programs. Indeed, a user very often needs to add his own packages
(either to package his own custom applications/libraries, or to package
open-source applications/libraries that are not yet in Buildroot),
which makes this user almost immediately a developer.

For this reason, we've chosen to keep the entire discussions on one
list. So feel free to ask your user-level questions on this list.

We also have an IRC channel, #buildroot on Freenode, on which you can
very often get live help. Many of the participants are based in Europe,
but I see you're in the UK, so in terms of timezone it should match
pretty well.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons