[Buildroot] suggestion?

jerry at chordia.co.uk jerry at chordia.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 01:04:27 UTC 2016

Hello Arnout

>  Begging to differ here, I think the quality of the answers on
Stackoverflow is
> pretty good. At least, the answers that show up in search results. IMHO
the
> voting mechanism does work pretty well.
>
>  For the buildroot tag, many of the questions are indeed better put on SO
> because they are not strictly buildroot-specific.
>
>  The main problem is that many questions are not appropriate SO questions
> but rather debugging help. And that requires a threaded conversation,
which
> doesn't work well at all on SO.

The key thing is that there needs to be a place where people can get
reasonable answers to reasonable questions.

I took up Thomas' suggestion and posted in this list earlier. I suspect that
simply got lost in the noise.

Hence the BR-user proposal.

I will try the SO experiment.

The point about 'discoverability' is crucial. Does anyone index IRC?