[Buildroot] Config defined package version is always built

Alvaro Gamez alvaro.gamez at hazent.com
Fri Jul 8 09:10:31 UTC 2016

Hi!

I'm writing a custom package whose version I want to define via menuconfig.
Thus, I include in Config.in a string config option called
BR2_PACKAGE_MYPKG_VERSION, and inside mypkg.mk I set MYPKG_VERSION =
$(BR2_PACKAGE_MYPKG_VERSION)

This works fine, I can set any version I want via menuconfig and buildroot
will download and install that version from a git repository.

However, whenever I type make, this package will be built again, even if it
has just been built and no change have been made.

Is there anyway to avoid this?

Thanks!

--
Álvaro Gámez Machado