[Buildroot] [External] Re: Issues with cross-compiling from x86_64 to a different x86_64

Arguin, Christopher P UTAS Christopher.Arguin at utas.utc.com
Wed Jul 20 02:07:43 UTC 2016

Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm working on a minimal set now. I've stripped out practically everything and still see the same issue, but I'll also upgrade buildroot from 2016.02 to 2016.05 and move away from the BR2_EXTERNAL setup I have to make it as simple as possible.

I looked up your Xeon processor and it still supports the AVX extensions, although not AVX2. Mine is an "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5649  @ 2.53GHz", which doesn't support AVX at all.

That said, I can't imagine why compiling ncftp of all things would be a problem.

Thanks,
Chris