[Buildroot] New to list

Chris Sparks mr_ada at cox.net
Wed Jul 20 14:32:57 UTC 2016

Hello Manuel,

Thanks.  I figured out how to get that package installed.  I just
decided to build the standard
Pi3 Configuration instead.  I haven't gotten a build to work yet. From
download issues to
in-operability.  I hope someone else who has been successful with
getting a Pi3 sdcard to work
can chime in and help me out.

On a different note would it better that I clone the repository instead
of download ZIPs?  It seems
that with all of the activity I might benefit from
fetching/pulling/rebasing.  I was hopeful that I
would get lucky and the first time it would work for me, but that seems
to be unrealistic.

Thanks,
Chris
> I don't have an Ubuntu 16.04 at my fingertips right now, but errors
> like this on Ubuntu usually mean the required package is not installed.
> Try installing 'ncurses-dev' or 'libncurses5-dev' using apt-get, and
> menuconfig should work fine. This worked for me on Ubuntu 12/14 at
> least.
> There are also other package requirements for using buildroot, as you
> can see in the documentation[0] (ncurses is listed in the “Optional
> packages”). Just in case anything else might be missing.
>
> I hope this helps you using menuconfig.
>
> As for the problems with your Raspberry Pi 3, I unfortunately can not
> help you, since I never used the device myself.
>
> [0] https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#requirement

---