[Buildroot] [External] Re: Issues with cross-compiling from x86_64 to a different x86_64

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 20 20:02:58 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 02:49:45 +0000, Arguin, Christopher P     UTAS
wrote:

> I dug into it more and found the source of the problem, which is in
> ncftp itself. As part of the 'configure' script it actually creates a
> 'ccdv.c' file and compiles it, apparently using the wrong compiler.
> Then this 'ccdv' tool is used throughout the build process instead of
> CC. It was to make the compilation output prettier.

Thanks for the investigation!

> It's not directly AVX-related, but from the BMI instruction set...
> the actual failure is the "andn" instruction. I still need to dig
> into it more to understand what's going on there.
>
> There is a configure option to disable use of ccdv, so I may give
> that shot. Then I have to go look at what is going on in openssl. I
> guess you can probably expect a patch or two from me this week :)

Looks like indeed passing --disable-ccdv is the best way forward.

However, I don't understand why on my system, ccdv doesn't get built,
while it does get built for you.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons