[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2016-07-29

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:49:58 UTC 2016

Le 31/07/2016 à 22:06, Romain Naour a écrit :
> Hi Thomas, All,
>
> Le 30/07/2016 à 23:23, Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> We've got lots of failures, so your need is definitely needed to fix
>> some of them. Waldemar, Maxime (Hadjinlian and Ripard), Olivier
>> (Schonken and Singla), Gustavo, Romain, Alexey, Vlad, Yann, Frank,
>> Angelo, Fabrice, Bernd, Julien, Dagg, Vicente, Baruch, Peter, please
>> look below, there are lots of things for you! :-)
>>
>> Thanks for your participation!
>>

>>> microblazeel |              bluez_utils-4.101 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/871c93da958e5014a9f77212bec89047d4ada6f3/
>>> microblazeel |              bluez_utils-4.101 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/06998c35e0aae47f03f82b150c6824e06e768550/
>>> microblazeel |              bluez_utils-4.101 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/d8987371bef51567afbd60674b9aa36bb1399481/
>>
>> BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.25.1 assertion fail elf32-microblaze.c:1491
>>
>> Romain, would you have the time to see if binutils 2.26 still has the
>> issue, and see what is the proper approach (exclude bluez_utils from
>> Microblaze, backport a patch, etc.) ?
>>

> Same issue with Binutils 2.26.
>
> I think this may be a uClibc-ng issue :
> Scrt1.o: probably compiled without -fPIC? (Waldemar?)

I added --disable-pie to BLUEZ_UTILS_CONF_OPTS and bluez_utils build fine with
this toolchain. So it seems that PIE is not supported on microblaze.

Also I backported binutils upstream patch
47993b4af18c6ef1cad300f6393bf896d3cb5e5c but I'm not sure it's required to fix
this issue.

>>> microblazeel |                 cifs-utils-6.5 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/a5848753eb0e2b0ddf55e226c45b85fd3a1c84f3/
>>
>> Romain, same issue as bluez_utils. Try with binutils 2.26 ?
>
> [snip]
>

>>> microblazeel |                 iproute2-4.5.0 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/118c92055daca52d9b10d764835c0d0c0b24fdc2/
>>
>> cannot find -lpthread
>>
>> Not sure what happens here :-/
>>
> The microblaze internal toolchain is build without thread support
> (BR2_PTHREADS_NONE=y), also there is the same issue on arm [1]
>
> I'm not sure about the required thread support (w/ NPTL ?)

iproute2 build fine without NPTL support, tested with
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/toolchains/configs/br-m68k-68040-full.config

I'll send a patch.

Best regards,
Romain