[Buildroot] external toolchains just seem to be compilers

Charles Hardin ckhardin at exablox.com
Fri Jun 3 23:11:04 UTC 2016

So, we have to build a few different images and it would be “nice" to not have to
rebuild host-python and just use that from an external toolchain… I know the big
concern would be version mismatch - so, make a config option???

Also, the other languages of choice are “go” and “rust” and it is really annoying
to have to re-bootstramp go and rust compilers instead of just including them
from external toolchain…

Is anyone else playing in these murky waters? Thanks in advance.
Charles

—
Bits go in, bytes go out