[Buildroot] Patchwork cleanup, week #22

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 2 07:17:58 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 23:53:54 +0200, Peter Seiderer wrote:

> >  6/ Makefile: Fix overlay overwriting everything
> >     http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/581463/
> >
> >     A problem with the merged /usr option, and when the rootfs overlay
> >     contains specific directories. Discussion has happened, no decision.
> >
> [...]
>
> Was not aware of this patch (and the discussion) but the same change is
> already committed with a slightly different reasoning ([1])...

Thanks for the feedback. When I looked at Maxime's patch, I also had
the impression that the problem had already been fixed, but couldn't
spot the fix (I thought we fixed it in a different way, in the skeleton
package).

However, in the review of Maxime's patch, a number of issues have been
raised, so I'm wondering we have in the end merged your patch which
does the same, without answering those concerns.

Yann?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons