[Buildroot] [BUG 2016.05] uClibc-ng argp-standalone War

Brian Foster brian.foster at maximintegrated.com
Fri Jun 3 10:13:12 UTC 2016

On Thursday 02-June-2016 19:12:49 Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Brian Foster wrote,
> > In 2016.05 there is a war between uClibc-ng and argp-standalone [...]
>
> Maybe it would be good to just use uClibc-ng argp and block
> argp-standalone in case uClibc-ng is used.

Hi Waldemar!

 Broadly speaking, I concur, but I have done nothing (to-date)
 to try and confirm, or to research the history of the issue.

 Actually, I am more inclined to the either-or approach, that is,
 if a package needs "argp" functionality, then either arp-standalone
 or (if using uClibc-ng) uClibc's arp functionality must be present.
 However, I'm uncertain how to do that...?  ;-\   (Any pointers?)

> I have reports from other projects, which successfully replaced
> argp-standalone with the uClibc-ng included argp implementation.

 That is good to know, thanks!

> @Brian: Could you cook up a patch and do some testing?

 Maybe.  *Speculating*, I suspect all I will be able to do is cook
 up trial Patch(es?) with rng-tools as the Test case.

cheers!
	-blf-

--
Brian Foster
Principal MTS, Software        |  La Ciotat, France