[Buildroot] Fwd: statically built libuuid?

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:53:55 UTC 2016

I have a custom package that depends on BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_UUIDD, which
we have correct selected and built. I can see libuuid.so in my output
directory when I do a find, but when I go to compile, adding in any
directory that libuuid could possibly be in, the compiler says:

ld: cannot find -luuid

Which is irritating. I have the --static flag on to my compiler, so I
wonder if that might be the problem. I didn't see libuuid.a in my output
directory for my bzImage, so I think that that is the problem. If I take
away the --static flag, compilation succeeds just fine. But I have to
compile my targets statically, it won't work any other way.