[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2016-03-03

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Mar 9 10:50:50 UTC 2016

Peter, All,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:

> Hi,

>  >> > easy to play with.
>  >>
>  >> What do you find not easy with those options?
>
>  > The problem with those platform variables is that you can't select
>  > them nor you can make imx-vpu easily dependent of them.
>
>  > It requires to change all the packages that select imx-vpu
>  > (libimxvpuapi, libfslvpuwrap, gst-fsl-plugins) with redundant
>  > information like:
>  > depends on BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX27ADS || \
>  >         BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX51 || \
>  >         BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX53 || \
>  >         BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX6Q
>
>  > Although I don't think it's possible, it'd be great to have a macro like:
>  > depends on FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_HAS_VPU()
>
> Those _IMX_PLATFORM_IMXx option could presumably select a hidden
> _FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_HAS_VPU and then use it somewhat similar to our
> BR2_PACKAGE_FOO_ARCH_SUPPORTS options.

Thanks, that sounds like a good option, I'll submit something shortly.

>  > Or we could drop old platforms support as well as gstreamer0.10 fsl
>  > plugins like Yocto did, keeping only mx51/53/6q which are the only we
>  > truly support.
>  > https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/commit/83b240e7
>  > https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/commit/3b698004
>
> The question is, do we have users of the older variants? Does the old
> stuff block anything?

It's just the easy/lazy solution if all the platforms we keep have VPU
support but we should actually keep them since I have no clue if
anyone is using it. With the solution mentioned about we should be
fine.

I'll submit a patch hopefully this week.

Regards,
Gary