[Buildroot] Qt5 and display

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Sun May 1 15:00:05 UTC 2016

Hi,
I compiled Qt5 in Buildroot 2016.05-git-01124-g70fc85f-dirty with both
X11 and eglfs support, because I would like to try both.
Console application runs fine, but when I launch a visual application
(i.e. qml) I get:

> Could not open display

Currently I have no X server running so I'm launching my application
with -platform eglfs

exporting QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 leads to this output:

> [...]
>     "debug": false,
>     "version": 329216
> }
>

> Got keys from plugin meta data ("minimalegl")
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms/libqoffscreen.so"
> Found metadata in lib /usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms/libqoffscreen.so,
> metadata=
> {
>     "IID":
> "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
>     "MetaData": {
>         "Keys": [
>             "offscreen"
>         ]
>     },
>     "className": "QOffscreenIntegrationPlugin",
>     "debug": false,
>     "version": 329216
> }
>

> Got keys from plugin meta data ("offscreen")
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so"
> Found metadata in lib /usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so, metadata=
> {
>     "IID":
> "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
>     "MetaData": {
>         "Keys": [
>             "xcb"
>         ]
>     },
>     "className": "QXcbIntegrationPlugin",
>     "debug": false,
>     "version": 329216
> }
>

> Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb")
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path
> "/opt/QmlTest/bin/platforms" ...
> loaded library "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so"
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/egldeviceintegrations" ...
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/egldeviceintegrations/libqeglfs-x11-integration.so"
> Found metadata in lib
> /usr/lib/qt/plugins/egldeviceintegrations/libqeglfs-x11-integration.so, metadata=
> {
>     "IID":
> "org.qt-project.qt.qpa.egl.QEGLDeviceIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.5",
>     "MetaData": {
>         "Keys": [
>             "eglfs_x11"
>         ]
>     },
>     "className": "QEglFSX11IntegrationPlugin",
>     "debug": false,
>     "version": 329216
> }
>

> Got keys from plugin meta data ("eglfs_x11")
> QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path
> "/opt/QmlTest/bin/egldeviceintegrations" ...
> loaded library
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/egldeviceintegrations/libqeglfs-x11-integration.so"
> Could not open display
> Aborted
> Application finished with exit code 134.

I never had this kind of problem with all previous Buildroot
environments I compiled.
This is due to my configuration? I attach the .config file.