[Buildroot] Is uClibc dead?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:08:51 UTC 2016

I recently decided to check to see what changes had been made to
uClibc since the 4 year old version we're using in our product.  So I
went to https://uclibc.org.

After jumping through hoops because all the SSL certificates are
invalid/expired I see under latest news:

  15 May 2012, uClibc 0.9.33.2 Released

  uClibc-0.9.33.2 was released today.

Odd... no releases for four years?

Is uClibc abandoned?

I see that buildroot now uses uclibc-ng which, according Wikipedia, is

  "a spin-off of uClibc that regularly provides a stable and tested
   release, which is more suitable for different software development
   processes."

So... processes different than what?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Not SENSUOUS ... only
                                  at               "FROLICSOME" ... and in