[Buildroot] Qt5 fails to compile with gcc 6.1.0

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Sat May 7 13:02:34 UTC 2016

Il 07/05/2016 14:28, Thomas Petazzoni ha scritto:

> However your version is "-dirty" which means you have modified
> Buildroot. But we have no idea which modifications you have made. Maybe
> those modifications are the reason for the failure?

I did the following:

git clone git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot
git pull

then I applied the patches you suggested for Qt5 and bluez5:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/612072/
Of course I changed the post-build script and the genimage commands in
the boards directory, but I think I'm allowed to do this.

> Also, please don't use gcc 6.x for now, and stay with gcc 4.9, so
> please test with gcc 4.9.
>
> Please disable LTO support for the moment. It isn't enabled by default,
> and we don't test it that often, so please disable it for now.
>
> Please stay with the default of binutils 2.25 instead of selecting
> binutils 2.26.
>
> Once you have changed those configuration options and removed your local
> Buildroot modifications, please try again a complete build "make clean
> all" and see if it works or not. If it doesn't, I'll try to reproduce
> here.

Well, I've downloaded buildroot from scratch to be sure.
I confirm the "dirty" flag appears after applying the patches for
Qt5/bluez5.

Attached there is the new .config file.
It's compiling right now. I will inform you of the results.

Thanks
Marco