[Buildroot] Which package for bluetooth management?

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Sun May 8 09:09:35 UTC 2016

Il 08/05/2016 01:41, Arnout Vandecappelle ha scritto:
> I've just seen bluez5 requires glibc or musl toolchain.
>> I tried to rebuild all with glibc (instead of uClibc) but the RPi3
>> refuses to
>> boot due to a kernel panic.

In the meanwhile I did something weird... but it seems to work.
I used uClibc adding in the config file the following:

UCLIBC_HAS_REGEX=y
UCLIBC_HAS_WORDEXP=y
UCLIBC_HAS_FOPEN_CLOSEEXEC_MODE=y

then I removed the dependency of bluez5_utils from glibc and tried to
set the latest version: 5.39.

Well... I don't know if it might explode in few minutes but it compiles
fine and bluez5 is (almost) working.
I have to fix some things like the path of bluetoothd
(/usr/libexec/bluetooth/ instead of /usr/sbin) and errors on dbus
(org.bluez.Error.Failed)

But the most important questions is: it's obvious that if I was able to
enable wordexp in uClibc and you didn't enable it - there is a good
reason, which I don't know. Perhaps is it not safe?

Best regards
Marco