[Buildroot] [Question] Downgrade package application.

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:54:19 UTC 2016

Dear Yu-Ting Kao,

i'm not sure i full understand, but:

First try to apply your patch on the current Buildroot tree, chances are
that it will apply. If it won't apply, it's always better to try to fix
the patch against the current version than using an old one.

If it's too complicated to fix the patch, as a final resolution, you can
either:
a) download an old tarball from https://buildroot.org/downloads/
or
b) clone the Buildroot git repository and use `git checkout <old git
hash value>' to go back in time.

For both of the options the best is if you know the version the patch
was created for (for example if you know when the patch was created, you
can use a version from that time or a bit earlier)

Good luck,

Zoltan Gyarmati
https://zgyarmati.de