[Buildroot] Buildroot error

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 15 21:47:08 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 22:39:32 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> > rsync -au --chmod=u=rwX,go=rX --exclude .svn --exclude .git --exclude .hg --exclude .bzr --exclude CVS /home/mikeb/sandbox/buildroot-2016.08/uClinux-dist/ /home/mikeb/sandbox/buildroot-2016.08/output/build/linux-headers-custom
>
>  Either the linux tree in uClinux-dist is so old that it doesn't have the
> "headers_install" target yet (I think that's from 2.6.10-ish), or the tree
> you're pointing to is not actually a linux tree. In the first case, you also
> misconfigured your kernel headers, because you claim it's 4.7. But you probably
> just took the first thing you saw :-)

uClinux-dist is the name of the "distribution" around uClinux, and
uClinux-dist is pretty much a build system, like Buildroot. So it seems
like Michael has used the source code of a build system, and offered it
to Buildroot as the source of the Linux kernel. Obviously, this isn't
going to work very well.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering