[Buildroot] cached downloads for scm branches

Jérôme Pouiller jezz at sysmic.org
Fri Oct 21 11:46:35 UTC 2016

Hello Michael,

On Thursday 20 October 2016 22:29:15 Michael Walle wrote:
> hi,
>
> thanks. yeah i thought so. Just to give you some background regarding
> my question. We have some kind of CI, actually it's rather a daily
> build. we build a root filesystem with some fixed packages, but also
> with multiple packages of our own and we want to track the tip of a
> branch for a build (because it is CI ;)). I don't think the src
> override method really suit the CI case. I guess one way could be
> that the CI defines the commit that should be build. Or simply delete
> the download. mhh ;)

I suggest to pass package version to command line:

  make MY_PKG_VERSION=$(git ls-remote http://repo.git/path master) all

You may also force versions using local.mk:

  override MY_PKG_VERSION = $(shell git ls-remote http://repo.git/path
master)

However, these ways are not officially supported. Consider them
as hacks.

BR,

--
Jérôme Pouiller