[Buildroot] gsoap and code generation

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 1 13:37:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

(Please wrap the lines in your e-mail to a reasonable length, thanks!)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 13:13:05 +0000, Ottavio Campana wrote:

> I have a web service implemented as a cgi served by lighttpd. Part of
> the sources of the cgi are generated by gsoap that takes as input
> some wsdl files and outputs some files in c.
>
> I checked in buildroot 2016.08 and there is no support for gsoap. In
> google I found a proposed patch to add gsoap to buildroot here
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2009-January/024777.html
>
> Is there a more recent version of this patch?

I just searched the archive: this 2009 e-mail and your new e-mail are
the only occurrence of "gsoap", so no, there isn't a new version of
this patch.

> I can also try to write my own script, but gsoap is a little bit
> tricky: there are some commands that need to be executed on the host,
> namely wsdl2h and soapcpp2, that generate the C code and than there's
> a bunch of libraries that need to be cross-compiled.
>
> How can I write a script that compiles a tool for the host and the
> libraries for the target?

You need two variants of the same package: a host variant and a target
variant, i.e host-gsoap (host variant) and gsoap (target variant).

The former installs the host utilities needed to generate code at build
time while on the host, and the latter installs the libraries
cross-compiled for the target.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering