[Buildroot] How to build image with added files

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Sep 1 21:06:01 UTC 2016

On 01-09-16 19:03, yoda zhong wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I tried to build image with ‘make’ after modifying /etc/network/interfaces.
>
> But that is automatically made by buildroot. So I failed.
>
> How could I make image with modified interfaces file?

 Use the filesystem-overlay feature.

https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#rootfs-custom

> In addition, I tried to make image after adding one script on output/target.

 We don't have an 'image' target. I guess you just meant 'make'?

> But this also doesn’t work. Is there any restriction on adding or modifying on
> output/target?

 Nothing ever gets removed from output/target, except for the cleanups done by
the finalize step (static libraries, documentation). So any script you added
there should stay. Except if you did a 'make clean', that removes the entire
output directory.

 Regards,
 Arnout