[Buildroot] Builroot - android ndk

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Apr 16 08:19:54 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:38:05 -0400, Alvaro Denis wrote:

> If I build the toolchain using make_standalone_toolchain.py
> <https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/standalone_toolchain.html>
> it is a "pure toolchain"? it can be used in buildroot as preintstaled
> toolchain?

We have never tested Android toolchains, so I don't know. However, what
is sure is that those toolchains use the bionic C library, which we
don't support. And you most likely won't be able to build most of the
Linux applications against bionic, at  least not without some effort.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering