[Buildroot] Patch: new board Socrates Cyclone 5

Michał Łyszczek michal.lyszczek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 18:45:13 UTC 2017

W dniu 01.08.2017 o 20:08, Michał Łyszczek pisze:
> W dniu 01.08.2017 o 13:21, Thomas Petazzoni pisze:

>>> Hi, I've got a Socrates Cyclone V available and so I am able to test.
>>> If there are any patches to test, I can probably help.
>>
>> Michał original patch is at
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/795350/, but I dislike having the
>> prebuilt preloader.bin in the Buildroot tree. So if you can get that to
>> work without having a pre-built binary in U-Boot, that'd be great.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for confusion, by "signing" I meant using mkpimage to generate
> header and CRC - no crypto magic here.
>
> I tried flashing with genereted spl.crc but it didn't work, and it looks
> like board never reaches SPL code - it hangs in boot rom (never reaches
> code from sd card).
>
> I have investigated it more and tried to compile uboot from altera's git
> (https://github.com/altera-opensource/u-boot-socfpga ; tag v2017.07)
>
> And I did:
>
> make socfpga_cyclone5_config
> make
>
> I've also created valid mkpimage (using official one from altera), when
> verifying mkpimage tool reports 4 valid images (all the same). In this
> scenario cyclone still didn't boot up and hangs in boot rom and never
> reaches spl code.
>
> Jan Viktorin, you said you have socrates board, did you ever compile spl
> manually for this board? It looks like I must be missing something.
>
> Any ideas?

Ok, I know what I was missing. My brain. I used socfpga_cyclone5 config
while I should have used socfpga_cyclone. So it looks like I can
actually post a patch without any binary stuff.

Now question arises. Should I post completly new patch, or somehow
modify previous one?

--
Z wyrazami szacunku
Łyszczek Michał