[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2017-08-02

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 3 18:07:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 10:30:59 -0700, Joshua Henderson wrote:

> For reference, I opened an upstream Qt bug [1] about this.  This build log is
> not strictly identical, but looks to be the same problem.  I believe the
> issue is gtk3 is properly auto detected by Qt build in order to build an
> optional Qt gtk3 plugin, but what it really needs is gtk3 compiled with X11.
> So, when gtk3 is built without X11 in buildroot, the Qt build fails.
>
> Any direction on whether this should be solved:
> 1) in buildroot as config/build dependency (seems odd to make a dependency on
>    X11 for qt5base if gtk3 is enabled),
> 2) patch Qt,
> 3) by explicitly disabling building gtk3 theme support in qt5base (instead of
>    being automatic),
> 4) with some combination of the above.

I would say a combination of (1) and (3).

We want to:

 * Enable the gtk3 theme support only when the necessary dependencies
   are met. In this case, it would be BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGTK3_X11, which
   indicates that gtk3 is enabled with its X11 backend.

 * Be explicit about enabling and disabling the gtk3 theme. I.e
   explicitly enable it when BR2_PACKAGE_LIBGTK3_X11=y, explicitly
   disable it otherwise.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering