[Buildroot] Compiling buildroot for Arm "Armada 166E" Target

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Wed Aug 9 15:49:18 UTC 2017

Hi Aweem,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 06:00:55PM +0530, Aseem Sharma wrote:
> I am naive to buildroot & processor world trying to compile
> "buildroot-2017.02.5" for "Marvell ARM Armada 166E processor (compatible to
> ARMv5TE instruction-set)" based old system. However, I do not understand
> the options to be selected in "make menuconfig" for
> 1. Target options->Target Architecture {think should be ARM - little endian}
> 2. Target options->Target Architecture variant
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Based on the Armada 16x Datasheet[1], the mainline kernel
arch/arm/mach-mmp/Kconfig (CONFIG_CPU_PXA168) and arch/arm/Kconfig
(CONFIG_IWMMXT), it seems like you need the iwmmxt ARM variant for your Armada
166E processor.

[1] http://www.marvell.com.cn/application-processors/armada-100/assets/armada_16x_datasheet.pdf

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -