[Buildroot] autodetection upon usb insertion.

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Aug 15 09:45:19 UTC 2017

On 14-08-17 20:09, daggs wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a sysvinit based image with eudev which as a usb dongle connected to it.
> when I boot the system with the dongle connected, upon login, all them modules are loaded and the device is ready to use.
> but when I connected it when the system is already running, I get nothing. not detection even if I load all the drivers manually, it is still not detected.
> what am I missing?

 It's hard to say just like that, you'll probably have to do some kernel
debugging to solve it.

 I once had a similar issue with a buggy USB OTG driver that would go in
powerdown and therefore never detect insertion of a device. Strangely enough, if
you booted with something plugged in and then removed the device, it didn't go
in powerdown.

 Not saying your issue is similar, of course, but it's a possibility.

 Regards,
 Arnout