[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-08-14

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 17 07:09:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:00:26 -0500, Matthew Weber wrote:

> >  I think it's best to put the empty _SITE check in an
> > ifneq ($(BR2_PRIMARY_SITE_ONLY),y)
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/802290/

I know this is what Arnout suggested, but I'm not sure it's my
preferred fix. Indeed, what about instead dropping the:

if !BR2_PRIMARY_SITE_ONLY
endif

condition in Config.in that encloses the definition of BR2_GNU_MIRROR,
BR2_LUAROCKS_MIRROR, etc. ?

Even though I agree such variables are not used when
BR2_PRIMARY_SITE_ONLY=y, I don't see why we hide them. Removing this
condition in Config.in avoids the need for adding another condition in
pkg-generic.mk, and it seems more logical to me.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering