[Buildroot] [V2 1/1] ntp: security bump to verserion 4.2.8p9

Adam Duskett aduskett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:18:15 UTC 2017

After doing some digging into the source code, it looks like there
are two new files: include/libssl_compat.h and libssl_compat.c

These files are now referenced in quite a few places, all of which
would take quite a bit of time to unwind.

I would suggest leaving openssl as a dependency unless somebody else
wants to take a crack at cleaning it up.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

> On 06-02-17 16:02, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:00:16 +0000, Adam Duskett wrote:
>>
>>> That's the million dollar question!  As far as I can tell, it's a
>>> real decision from upstream, as many of the files now include
>>> libssl_compat.h, however if you want, I can try to play around
>>> with them and see if they are 100% mandatory or not.
>>
>> That would be useful, yes.
>
>  It's really weird that they introduce such a dependency in a p8 -> p9 bump...
>
>  Regards,
>  Arnout

Oh I agree! But it looks like that's exactly what has happened, even if
by accident!

> --
> Arnout Vandecappelle                          arnout at mind be
> Senior Embedded Software Architect            +32-16-286500
> Essensium/Mind                                http://www.mind.be
> G.Geenslaan 9, 3001 Leuven, Belgium           BE 872 984 063 RPR Leuven
> LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/arnoutvandecappelle
> GPG fingerprint:  7493 020B C7E3 8618 8DEC 222C 82EB F404 F9AC 0DDF

Adam