[Buildroot] Interaction between SITE_METHOD=LOCAL and .patch files

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:37:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-07, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-02-07, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:
>
>>> After comparing build trees that worked with build trees that failed,
>>> I finallythat setting SITE_METHOD = LOCAL prevents the application of
>>> the .patch files present in the package directory.
>>
>> It does.
>
>>  Indeed, it should be documented. Care to send a patch?
>
> Will do.

Is it just the .patch files found in the package directory that are
skipped in the [FOO_SITE_METHOD = local] case?  Or are all patches
skipped (also skipping those specified by FOO_PATCH and
BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR)?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Alright, you!!
                                  at               Imitate a WOUNDED SEAL