[Buildroot] Issue with Vivante OpenGL driver and X11

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Feb 14 14:21:13 UTC 2017

Hi Mylene, All,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Mylene Josserand wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I got an issue with OpenGL Vivante support with X11 on Nitrogen board
> (nitrogen6max).
>
> I am on Buildroot's Master branch, last commit:
> 5bf12ad141f5de02c79c04a773e7709b87070229
>
> I tried Qt5 OpenGL examples and X is segfaulting. I tested with vivante
> examples too (tutorial2) and same issue.
>
> You can find a log here:
> http://code.bulix.org/wfkcna-115447
>
> Any idea? Did I miss something or configured something wrong?

No, you're just the first lucky user trying X 1.19 on i.MX6Q.

Fortunately for us Yocto users already faced that actually:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-January/020127.html

It seems that this patch is required on xserver:
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/136696/

Can you try it and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,
Gary