[Buildroot] luaposix not working with luajit/lua5.1

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Mon Feb 20 16:18:42 UTC 2017

> On 20-02-17 12:01, François Perrad wrote:
> [snip]
>>>  Integrating this package is not trivial, because our luarocks infra assumes
>>> that the upstream name is the same as the Buildroot name. That's not the case
>>> for bit32, however: in Buildroot, we really want to call it "lua-bit32". So it
>>> requires a bit of infra change to clean it up. Therefore, it'll take me a couple
>>> of days before I can submit.
>>>

>> We have already luarock packages which name is not prefixed by 'lua-'
>> : copas, cosmo, dado, orbit, rings, ...
>
>  These are really separate projects that happen to be using Lua, while bit32 is
> really a Lua support module like luaposix.
>
>  Although, now you mention it, copas and coxpcall are Lua support modules as
> well. For Python and Perl, we always add a prefix for them. Is there a good
> reason why we don't do this for Lua?

History in BR:
- lua was added in 2007
- xavante and its dependencies (cgilua, copas, coxpcall,
luafilesystem, luasocket, wsapi) were added in 2010 as first Lua
modules
- luarocks infrastructure was added in 2014
- currently, we have 34 Lua modules (see
https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/Config.in#n524)

The Lua ecosystem has no strict naming convention, you could use:
  - foo
  - luafoo
  - lua-foo
  - lfoo