[Buildroot] Relocatable staging dir and reference to build dir

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Jan 17 22:35:58 UTC 2017

On 05-01-17 16:32, Jérôme BARDON wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Our need is to relocate the staging dir for developers (and automatic
> bulld by Jenkins).

 Sorry for the late reply, and it isn't even positive.

 No, at the moment, the staging tree is not relocatable. See [1] ("Make the HOST
directory a relocatable SDK") for details of what needs to be done. Several
patches have been posted on the mailing list to progress in that direction, but
it wasn't finished yet.

> We found that there are absolute paths in the staging tree config
> files for libs and also references to the bulld dir.
> Is there a way to have relative paths in .la and pkgconfig files? Or
> another mean to change absolute paths?

 For .la and .pc files it should be relatively straightforward to postprocess
them to convert to relative paths (using -L=/... and -I=/... to make them
relative to the sysroot). Actually, the .pc files should already be "clean",
except for a few buggy Xorg files IIRC.

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://elinux.org/Buildroot#Core_Buildroot_infrastructure