[Buildroot] [V4 1/1] python-mutagen: new package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 26 08:08:44 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:26:10 -0500, Adam Duskett wrote:
> +	help
> +	  Mutagen is a Python module to handle audio metadata.
> +	  It supports ASF, FLAC, MP4, Monkey’s Audio, MP3, Musepack, Ogg Opus,
> +	  Ogg FLAC, Ogg Speex, Ogg Theora, Ogg Vorbis, True Audio, WavPack,
> +	  OptimFROG, and AIFF audio files. All versions of ID3v2 are supported,
> +	  and all standard ID3v2.4 frames are parsed.
> +
> +	  It can read Xing headers to accurately calculate the bitrate and length
> +	  of MP3s. ID3 and APEv2 tags can be edited regardless of audio format.
> +	  It can also manipulate Ogg streams on an individual packet/page level.

These lines were too long, and contained some trailing white space. I
fixed that up.

> +PYTHON_MUTAGEN_VERSION = 1.36
> +PYTHON_MUTAGEN_SOURCE = mutagen-$(PYTHON_MUTAGEN_VERSION).tar.gz
> +PYTHON_MUTAGEN_SITE = https://pypi.python.org/packages/69/14/4a5c8360a727563291a7159de935ffff2b99ee783928169f0fea7445370f
> +PYTHON_MUTAGEN_LICENSE = LGPLv2+

Yegor told you the license was GPLv2+, so why do you write LGPLv2+ here?

But in fact, Yegor was wrong I believe, the license is actually
just GPLv2, I haven't seen any "or later" statement anywhere.

So I fixed it as well, and applied.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering