[Buildroot] Relocatable internal toolchain

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:14:15 UTC 2017

Hi Wolfgang, all,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Wolfgang Grandegger <wg at grandegger.com> wrote:

> Buildroot's build system is quite new too me. At a first glance it's rather
> heavy stuff! So I first tried the patches you mentioned to see what I get.
> After some tweaking due to "file permissions" and "file in use" issues with
> patchelf, the build did succeed. But subsequent builds then required setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the host tools. Then I moved the buildroot output
> directory to a different location to see if relocation, as I understand it,
> works. My test cases are some out-of-tree QT5 examples:
>
>   $ cd <a-path>/examples
>   $ <path-to-buildroot-output>/host/usr/bin/qmake
>   Could not find qmake configuration file devices/linux-buildroot-g++.
>   Error processing project file: /home/wolf/junk/examples/examples.pro
>
> How do I set the new path to the toolchain. Likely I have missed something.

I have no clue about this, but a quick google search gives me a
possible way to fix/workaround this [5] (with no warranty at all).

> Apart from the "rpath", the path to the build directory is also in many text
> (configuration scripts, etc.) files. What did work for me was replacing the
> path to the build directory ("<buildroot-output>/host/usr") with the new
> location in all text files.
>
> Not sure if we speak/think about the same "relocation" behaviour.

Yes we are, I just forgot to give the main link to this task, which
details many things to fix/support for a complete relocatable SDK.
Note that the series I posted just dealt with the rpath point so far,
unstacking one point after the other.

> Wolfgang.

Regards,

[5] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-environment-reference.html