[Buildroot] libasan.so missing

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Mon Jul 3 17:19:49 UTC 2017

 > Hello,
 > I'm using the x86_64 buildroot toolchain with gcc 5.4. I wonder why
 > the address sanitizer library "libasan.so*" is not available in the
 > rootfs of the target. Is it intentional? And what is the best way to
 > get it added to the rootfs?

Is this with uClibc-ng, musl or Glibc?

We have the following in package/gcc/gcc.mk:

# libsanitizer requires wordexp, not in default uClibc config. Also
# doesn't build properly with musl.
ifeq ($(BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_UCLIBC)$(BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_MUSL),y)
HOST_GCC_COMMON_CONF_OPTS += --disable-libsanitizer
endif

We recently enabled wordexp support in uClibc-ng, so this can most likely
we enabled there. I'll do a test build now.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard